-- Kiln Upgrades and Add-Ons --
Vent-Sure Mounting Box
Vent Extension Kit
Rolling Kiln Stand
Small Stilt Kit
Multi Voltage Kiln! Grinding Brick
No need to worry about what voltage you have! The School-Master 23T-3-A is designed to operate at any voltage from 208 volts to 240 volts(including 220 volts). It is wired for single phase, but a conversion kit makes it easy to quickly convert to three phase.
L&L's School Master kilns are super-durable and include all of the easy-maintenance features of the Easy-Fire kilns. For simplicity, however, School-Master kilns feature the intuitive One-Touch kiln control that has a standard Bisque and Glaze program tuned to the needs of most K-12 programs. Temperature, heating and cooling rate, delay time and soak time can all be easily modified for the two main programs and remain set that way until deliberately changed. In addition, for more advanced users, there are four custom programs.
The control is single zone and the kilns have graded elements. L&L has also made sure to tune the element resistance for good performance. This School-Master kiln is limited to Cone 1 operation even though the construction of the kilns can handle higher temperatures.
School Master kilns also offer a Five Year Warranty!
Power Connection - Normally, kilns come wired for single phase witha 6-foot 6-50 plug. However, a simple conversion kit to switch the kiln to three phase is available. Three phase kilns with a 15-50 plug may also be ordered.
Genesis-Mini Touch Screen Control
The Genesis control includes a touch screen interface and WIFI connectivity added to the proven software of the DynaTrol. More programming options and memory. Free App available to monitor kiln via WiFi. Touch-screen intuitive technology for easy user interface. Easy-to-follow screen descriptions. Different user-interface levels, which can be set to match the user’s firing knowledge. Graphical display of the firing process right at the controller, this means you can graph the firing in real time and compare the program with actual results. Glass programs included. Store up to 12 custom user programs. Up to 32 segments per program. Ability to make adjustments during a firing such as add segments, add temperature, and skip segments. Built in diagnostics testing. Alarm. Error Codes. WiFi enabled for easy software updating. Included Phone App allows you to monitor kiln operation remotely.
Dynamic Zone Control
This is a standard feature with either a DynaTrol or touch-screen Genesis control. The control separately measures temperatures in the bottom, middle, and top of the kiln and automatically adjusts the heat of three zones during the firing. Kiln temperatures are automatically equalized to within 1/2 cone or better. Zone control automatically compensates for many loading issues and element resistance changes. Additionally, L&L kilns are fundamentally uniform because the element holders radiate the heat more evenly.
Furniture Kit includes:
-- Eight 20" Half Round shelf
-- Six each of 1/2", 1", 2", 4", 6", & 8" high 1-1/2" Square Ceramic Posts.
-- A pair of Heat Resistant Gloves.
Angled Control Panel
- Easy to see and program the controller! Angled control panel makes viewing control and programming easier.
On-Off Switch and Panel Fuse
- All L&L Kilns come with an on-off switch and panel-mounted control fuse.
Mercury Free Contactors
- Power Relays are mercury-free to comply with increasing regulations and concerns about mercury.
Easy to Remove & Service Control Panel
- This is the safest and easiest kiln to work on! The Control panel pulls down easily and remains perpendicular to the element box for very easy access. All wiring is neatly laid out in a professional and industrial way with color coding and numbering for easy repair and troubleshooting. Best of all the double panel design results in cooler panels and longer control and relay life.
Sectional Kiln Construction
- Easy to move anywhere! Sectional kiln construction makes kilns easy to move, set up and disassemble for maintenance.
- The bottom can be easily reversed in case of a firing mishap.
Protected Heavy-Duty Type K Thermocouples
- HEAVY-DUTY! Thick 8 gauge thermocouples last a long time. Special Limit of Error to ANSI MC96.1 specifications is used. KEEP YOUR WORK CLEAN! Ceramic protection tubes protect the end of the thermocouple. Keeps the oxide dust from the thermocouple tip from getting into the kiln while firing.
Hard Ceramic Element Holders
- No pins to replace and samage your firebrick! Durability, repairability, better heat transfer. The smooth, hard surface of the inside ceramic channel allows the elements to expand and contract freely. The dense ceramic holders extend element life because they do not insulate the hot elements from the kiln interior.
Solid Wide-View Peephole Plugs
- Stop breaking peephole plugs! Solid large non-tapered peepholes allow a wider view into the kiln. The peephole plugs are made from solid ceramic and are not as fragile as hollow-type plugs.
Molded Ceramic Element Connections
- No crimping and Easy to change! Industrial-grade ceramic terminal blocks make changing elements easy. All contact between elements and wire lugs is over a wide surface of heavily torqued stainless steel washers. Wires are not crimped to element ends as in some other brands. This means you can change elements yourself without buying an expensive tool or hiring a kiln repair person.
Solid Super-Strong Aluminized Steel Stand
- Full support stand. Aluminized stands are solid and corrosion-resistant. They offer solid support under the kiln - unlike spot-welded angle stands that are common in the industry.
Corrosion Resistant Case
- Keep your kiln looking new! Corrosion resistant materials and methods result in a long-lasting kiln.
Thermal Ceramics Firebrick
- K23 firebrick combines good insulation with strength.
Five Limited Warranty!
- Most L&L Kilns have a three-year limited warranty.
Add-Ons & Options
- Vent-Sure Donwdraft Kiln Vent System
Vent-Sure downdraft vent vents fumes from kiln out of room and away from the kiln. Downdraft venting pulls air down to bottom of kiln. Improves temperature uniformity inside the kiln. Powerful 130 CFM fan motor, typically mounted on wall, allows fumes to be under vacuum in your studio. The strong fan motor helps overcome static pressure in long exhaust lines. The duct may be up to 60 feet in length, and include up to four 90° bends. 120 volts with on/off switch on cord (240 volts available). 8 foot long flexible aluminum duct. Bypass collection box mounted on kiln allows adjustment of venting. Fan motor, mounted away from the kilns, stays cool and no vibration transmitted to the kiln. Multi-Mount Bracket comes with the Vent System - allows you to mount vent motor in various positions.
- Vent-Control for Vent-Sure
The Vent Control allows you to automatically control the operation of the Vent-Sure kiln vent with one of the outputs from the DynaTrol (or Genesis).The Vent Control consists of a relay that is controlled from output #4 on the DynaTrol (or Genesis). There is a female 120-volt receptacle to plug the vent into and a cord to plug into a 120-volt wall outlet. There is a 6-foot wire that connects the control box to the kiln control panel. A grommet is included for non-factory installation. It is designed for use with one kiln.
- Rolling Kiln Stand
L&L's rolling kiln stand features heavy gauge (14 ga) galvannealed steel construction with multiple bends for extra strength, steel swivel locking casters, integrated vent collection box support, and guide rails for the kiln. Each size is fitted to the kiln.