To contact this manufacturer directly about their warranty, please contact them directly at: 847-623-2737
Ateco Limited Warranty
ATECO takes pride in the quality of our custom built engines and component parts. We put our very best into every part we produce, and we stand behind our product with a warranty that is, to our knowledge, unsurpassed in our industry. ATECO warrants to the original purchaser that each engine sold by ATECO will be free of any defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and with prescribed maintenance, subject to the limitations listed below, for a period of up to 24 months. The warranty is on labor and machine work performed by ATECO. New parts and material used in the engine will be under the discretion and warranty of the manufacturer and not the engine builder.
This warranty applies to products originally supplied by ATECO and is not an unconditional warranty against all hazards or failures. This warranty is void regardless of length of time or hours of use under the following conditions:
- Improper installation and any resulting damage.
- Installation not preformed by certified professional mechanics.
- Damage as a result of overheating, lack of lubrication, contaminated oil by over fueling and/or water reversion, carb out of adjustment or too large for application, inadequate oil pressure.
- Melted heat tabs or any signs or evidence of tampering with the heat tabs.
- Damage resulting from pre-ignition or detonation. This includes, but is not limited to melted or broken pistons, broken piston rings, damaged cylinder heads, leaking head gaskets. Regarding any questions pertaining to pre-ignition or detonation, please call ATECO.
- Repair or replacement due to any accident, misuse, abuse or over revving resulting in bent or broken connecting rods, push rods or valves.
- Improper break in, resulting in camshaft wearing too soon, in turn ruining camshaft.
- Foreign material in combustion chamber or oil pan, bolts or nuts dropped into cylinder, resulting in destruction of pistons or valves.
- Any product to which a device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer’s specifications has been installed.
- Repair or replacement of any accessory or service item, including specifically, but not limited to, all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical and ignition systems in addition to all belts, hoses and filters.
- Repairs, disassembly, alterations and/or modifications made to the engine without prior written authorization.
- Any product used for competition, racing or related purposes.
- Any product on which periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer have not been performed.
- Nitrous Oxide or Supercharger installation.
- Any product supplied by the purchaser and used in the engine at the request of the purchaser becomes the responsibility of the purchaser. ATECO will not assume responsibility for the product nor any resulting issues associated with or caused by that product.
ATECO does not warrant mal performance or engine damage caused by self reprogramming or alteration of ECU’s.
Any product replaced for warranty purposes will be warranted through the original product’s warranty term only. This term begins upon the original product’s installation date and applies to the terms of the original products warranty.
Repairs of replacement do not extend this Limited Warranty beyond the described period from date of the original installation to the original owner. In addition, no claim shall be brought more than two years following the date of delivery of the engine, regardless of installation date.
This Limited Warranty is extended to original purchaser only and is not transferable or assignable.
This warranty does not cover or provide payment or reimbursement for the following services:
- Replacement of oil, anti-freeze, or any other substance.
- Towing charges, vehicle rental or other substitute transportation
- Diagnostic time, labor to remove and/or reinstall engine, or service calls
- Parts or items associated with warranted engine
- Transportation or lodging
- Loss of time, income, sales or profits, loss of use of vehicle or boat
- Lift, dock or storage fees
- Tune-ups or replacement of belts, hoses or maintenance items, routine regularly required maintenance
- Injury or death to persons or damage or destruction of property; consequential or incidental damages
- Shipping warranted engine to and from ATECO
- This limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, whether oral or written, express or implied. No warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular use shall apply. The distributors, agents, dealers and employees of ATECO are not authorized to make modifications to this warranty, or additional warranty binding on ATECO and should not be relied upon.